Saturday, April 19, 2008

Induction Day 1

Well, here I am on induction and waiting for the icky feeling. I know it's coming, it never fails me ;) .

I am optimistic at the moment, though. We will see if that lasts to the magically, horrendous Day 3! I think so, though. God knows, I hope that I can make it through.

One thing I know for sure, the icky feeling of induction can't possibly be any worse than the icky feeling I get when I have too much sugar and too many carbs. And at least I know (or at least have been reassured) that the induction flu can and will end.

So, I made oopsies and had an oopsie sandwich for my first induction meal. What a way to start! The oopsie suprised me by being very good. Still, I added eggs to my sandwich which, I perhaps, should not have done. I am not a big egg eater. I crave eggs 2, maybe 3 times per year (and usually slathered in butter and syrup!), although I don't mind them whipped up or cooked in anything. But adding scrambled eggs to my oopsie was kind of like eating two slices of french toast with scrambled eggs sandwiched in between. You kind of have to be an egg lover to manage that. So, I probably won't do that again. But I will use the oopsie for my burger and in place of french toast, for sure.


I took a half of a multivitamin, some Chromium Picolinate, L-Carnitine, L-Glutamine and Potassium with my sandwich. Vitamins normally make me a little wretchy, so I am suprised to say that so far, so good. I hope they help with the induction flu symptoms. If all else fails, there is always my lovely Tylenol PM to get me through!

I'll post more after I take my neice shopping and traverse the wonderful obstacle course of my first induction lunch, snacks and dinner. Joy!

3 comments:

OhYeahBabe said...

You'll do great, Jeanessa - we'll all help you hang in there!

Mayberryfan said...

Sounds like you had a great first day. Just realize that day 3 is temporary and you WILL get through it this time. Also, start trying to walk. NOT run. Just a 30 minute, moderately paced walk at least every other day. This type of moderate exercise is what helps your muscles overcome insulin resistance. Good Luck! You've got a lot of people pulling for you all the way!

Magicsmom said...

Jeanessa, you are an incredibly strong woman. Just take all that resolve you have to bring Heidi to justice and parlay that into a stubborn resolve to get through this. You can do it! I have all the faith in the world that you will make it.