Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day 1 Down

...and I'm feeling pretty good.

This was my lunch:

Fried chicken wing pieces and 1 cup of green beans with half a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and half a minced garlic glove. I had Frank's Red Hot hot sauce and 2 tablespoons of ranch on the side. Green beans never tasted so good now that I didn't have some sweet treat taking center stage. I do believe that my love of green beans has just begun. All this lovely food for a beautiful 9 carbs. I sweetened my iced tea (decaf) with two packets of stevia and I counted them at one point each (although I'm not sure about that).

For dinner I had:


I made two tacos with 2/3 cups of ground beef seasoned with Linda Sue's taco seasoning and I made the cheddar cheese shells, 2/3 cup of lettuce and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar and a 1/4c of tomato. Can I just say yummo. Good night. I could eat this all the time, everyday and not get tired of it.

I didn't get hungry today. I thought my appetite would be much bigger, but maybe my appetite is very large when I'm eating lots of sugar and white flour? Hmm, time will tell.

Well, I got through a day and, let me tell you, I am proud of myself.

Here is a link to my fitday: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jeanessadoesatkins

11 comments:

Christin said...

Way to go Nessa!!! I'm so proud of you. I know you can do this and are on the road to a new life. I am praying for you and wish you all the best in your adventure. Keep up the good work and know that I am always here for you. It is a priviledge to call you my friend!

Calianna said...

Jeanessa, it all looks delicious and very satisfying! :slurp:

Yes, I believe you are exactly right that your hunger will be satisfied much more easily without all the starches and sugars in your diet. Amazing way to eat, isn't it? Stuff that's good for you, and is pleasing not only to the eye but the palate - and no hungries an hour later! Whoohoo! You're gonna do great at this!

BTW, I use stevia too, although I haven't bought the packets, just tiny spice-sized jars of it with itsy bitsy spoon/scoops in them. I've found that it takes a very light hand with it to avoid over sweetening or bitterness, but I'm learning, the more often I use it, and the less I rely on other sweeteners. You shouldn't have that problem with the packet stevia though.

You really are doing great though - the first day to a healthier new you!

Anonymous said...

Jeanessa, stop expecting the worst and be pleasantly surprised by how good you feel, and how tasty induction foods can be. Carbs are a too-easy fix for meals, and hang around, making you feel bad forever. I commend you for adding dieting stress to your other worries, but a lowcarb protein-and-fat rich diet will help you cope better. And that will help all of us as well. Congratulations!

. said...

OMG I love tacos!!!

What were those cheddar shells like?

Cutie said...

nessa, nessa, nessa...

you go girl! that's an awesome first day menu! kudos for not automatically starting out with a stale boring "deprivation-like" menu! keeping it interesting and appealing will give you so much help in the "sticktoitiveness" department!

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

woo hoo one down and a whole long life to go.

Watchout for day 2 run down feeling and the physical withdrawals to hit. You are a strong lady and can make it through this. Make it a race with Kimmer to see who lost the most by court day :)

MrsMenopausal said...

WTG, AWESOME! KUTGW!!
You can do this! :)

Barbara B said...

Congrats on your first day of induction. You are doing great with your food and supplements. I always felt that upping my fats helped me avoid the induction flu feelings. So my first week usually consists of cheeseburgers, bacon, lots of butter, mayo, olive oil, etc. After the first few days, my appetite went way down, but I still tried to get as many fats in as possible. This diet just works like a charm.

Barbara B

JDF said...

Sherrie, OMG! The cheddar shells are SO good, I can't even tell you. You HAVE to try them, it is worth the effort!

JDF said...

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys, your confidence and support is making this a stellar experience, much more enriching and doable than its ever been in the past!

Anonymous said...

How's it gone today?

I'm anxious to hear about it - I know you can do this!