Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Take courage...

I did not intend for this to be a Kimkins blog at all...and that is still not my intention. I want this blog to be about my life in general. I'm coming to the realization that Kimkins is part of my life right now. I made a decision back in early September to put my name on the top of a class action lawsuit. At the time, I didn't know fully what that entailed. I am swiftly learning. I composed this impassioned email to several attorneys and spoke at length with them to try to determine what the best course of action would be because Heidi Diaz was just wrong, and all my life, people have been telling me that the justice system works, that we fight against wrongs. So, this is how I approached the whole Kimkins fiasco.

This last week in Ducky land has been an interesting one. Lots of fights and super-secret revelations of CIA-esque proportions. And I've been thinking about what it all means.

It means that what we're doing matters. It means that we are making progress.

I spoke with John today and he always makes me feel like things are 100% better. I am SO glad he wrote me back bck then and listened to my long, convoluted unbelieveable story about the Kimmer and this crazy starvation diet on the Internet. I can't believe this brilliant, tenacious man cared enough about a bunch of fat (and formerly fat) girls on the Internet who had been conned. But he did. And it's awesome!

With all the bad things that have been said lately, I wanted to take some time out to say some good things. So, here goes!

I'm calling out names (forgive me if I don't mention you, I don't know everything)....a partial cast list....

Tooter - I love you because you never change. You are always tenacious, you are always up front and you never give up! You're always enouraging, you always question things and I love to see your now very familiar, pretty face on my computer screen as I scroll the FWK thread.

Cleo - damn, I have never seen anyone with your sense of humor and biting cynicism. I love it! All that pizzaz plus riced cauliflower pizza, oopsies and bento! You think outside the box and you say it like it is. We're lucky that you choose to spend any time with us.

Honeybee - Girl, you are the Queen of all Sleuthing. You have set the standard for tenacity and Duckydom and I don't know where we would be without you. Where have you been lately? Bring yourself right back here to us and encourage us to keep sleuthing!

Tom - thank you for allowing us the space to vent and explore. Please never let the drama deter you from allowing us to continue. We can't thank you enough.

Cutie - Well. You are the culprit behind this whole thing, you know? LOL! I thank you for every encouraging email, for being there in the early days when it was not safe to be anti-Kimkins and for laying down some solid groundwork for us all to tread on. It's amazing how far we've all come!

MrsMenopausal - You really make it worthwhile coming into the thread. You encourage, you fight, you admonish. That's what this is all about really. You were banned and you stood up and nothing has knocked you down. I'm so glad we're in this fight together.

v0xhumana - you're as consistent as can be, always asking the right questions and ready to dig for old info when you see where its needed. Plus I like your avatar!

Barbara B - you always spare a kind word for me and I don't think you know how much I appreciate it. I know that this fight has been a hard one, but take courage! Our work is not in vain and I love that you are here with me on this journey.

Katinsac - My Cali girl! You listened to my "little girl" voice on the phone and you encourage me all the time. You say what you mean, you mean what you say and you let the rest slide off your back. I wanna be more like you!

Yucky/Mimi/Loopy(this is what I always called you in my head, lol!) - you laugh when nobody else does! You keep me on my toes. You ask the questions that others are afraid to ask. You call me out on my bs. You make me laugh. You are steady and consistent, a rock! Imperfect, but beautiful, and worth every second I spend on your site. So, keep trucking.

MagicsMom - you blog, you hunt, you encourage, you never disappear, you always respond, you keep fighting! WOW, I wanna be like you, too, BANTA Babe!

Rebel - your house is lovely and we can all imagine sitting on the porch and sipping sweet tea. You always have a ready response, a ready question, you dig and fight, frolick and have fun, you're the kind of girl that makes posting on a thread fun.

WildAngel6 - what can I say? You're organizational and corraling skills are beyond compare. Thank you so much for doing all of this, for challenging us. We'd be far behind where we are if it wasn't for you. I use your links every single day.

MorganMacleoid - thanks for emailing me, helping me along, giving me information to share with John, asking the right questions to make me think, posting on Kimkins Dangers and hanging out on the thread back in the beginning. I've missed your posts and I'm glad you're still checking back with us and hope to see more of you.

jo2621 - thanks for always going into the Lion's Den and sharing your knowledge!

dlslds - You're like a machine! A very nice, very kind, very sleuthy machine that loves smilies.

Mayberryfan - Can I miss the Daughtry avatar, but I'm ok! You encourage me and support me and say nice things about me and, for that, I will always be eternally grateful. Plus, you sleuth and you poke and you have fun while doing it.

MomtoEli - you're such a sweetheart, all the nice words, forgiving me for being snippy with you and coming into the game with guns blazing!

LosingtoLive - when it's time to laugh, you have a good joke, when its time to fight, you have a snappy comeback, when its time to encourage, you have a kind word. You're a trooper.

Medusa - your blog rocks! I love it, all of the very so essential information about eating disorders and how very similar the Kimkins mindset is to them. Plus, you're bold as brass and that is a trait that I admire.

Deni - you are so quietly forceful and I know you're praying and that makes me feel at ease.

the Jimmy - I don't care what anybody says, I like you! Thanks for apologizing, thanks for standing up, thanks for providing a place for ex-KK to support each other and never, ever change!

Trista - thanks for putting your name out there to be gawked at when not many others were willing to. Thanks for standing up with me!

HBGal - wheverever you are! Thank you SO much for doing the KTLA show, for putting yourself out there to be gawked at and maligned and being so graceful, forthight and honest about your Kimkins experience. I hope to hear from you soon.

Missis36 - I miss you! You dig like a jackhammer and make me laugh. You were my favorite person on any thread anywhere and you know why! I hope to see you again soon!

Christin - THANK YOU! For the prayers, for the sharing of knowledge, for doing all those dang TV shows and talking with reporters, for fighting against Heidi's continued scamming, for being graceful under all kinds of pressure, for standing up and sticking out. If nobody else ever tells you this, you are the BOMB!

Carolyn F - you laugh at the good jokes and sleuth and support like nobody's business.

WifeZilla - for encouraging and sleuthing

BamaGal - what would we do without you? You are a backbone and a funny bone, too!

Paula Jayne - for starting the thread that never ends with a very good question!

Pooticus - for always laughing!

w00t - for being a cute guy! and for leaving Kimkins and standing up for yourself! You've been a breath of fresh air on the boards.

JustKim - for leaving KK and taking a little bit of her credibility with you. For standing up against Heidi. You may think you lost a friend, but, hon, you never had one in the first place!

TerryC - for always offering a helping hand and being willing to do whatever it takes to get things done!

Sheridan - for poking and prodding, giving me ideas and fighting the good fight!

Locarb4me - whew, you work your butt off! I can never keep up with you, but I feel good that I'm at least treading somewhere behind you!

Just Ducky - for coralling us. Man, oh, man, you rocked the anti-Kimkins movement. I don't know where you are or what you're doing, but thanks for what you did. Hope to see you posting again soon.

Miss Mezmerize - for the martinis and the meat, the youtube vids and everything in between.

2big4mysize - um....where could I begin? You rock. I can't even start to thank you for everything that you've done. I know there's more to do and you'll be instrumental in getting it done!

KimPossible - where are you? You supported me, PM'ed me, laughed at me and it was nice.

Becky - girl, you pray for me, you dig, you endure, you stand up. I can't thank you enough. I don't know if we would be this far if you hadn't stepped in and helped out. I think I know you in ways that some other people may not. I want you to know that I respect and admire you.

ixtapacheryl - I love your pics, your encouraging words, your support, your sleuthing and your consistency.

Prudentia (I almost forgot!) - for standing up for what you believe, blogging about it and being sane in stressful situations. I admire your tenacity and your ability to reason out emotional situations.

My fingers are tired....but there's SO many more....

MJR, LuckyKitty, LChottie07, Sheridan, gibster, beachfires, Queeny, LISAinTN, Lilgrnize, sissypoo, SMP, Amyb, cadydid, eggonmyface, Kelly130, Madam De Leon, lbbmp, TXniteowl, froleena, serenity-aus, prettypaula, kycowgirl, losingjusme, Sunabee, lindaokc, Woman Typing Badly, mum22, DoggyGirl, kar_kar, LINC, Binsk, RockyMntAngelEyes, Stevie, mimi, LCprincess, vernswifevickie, Boujie, emily1965, shelby7851, DivaHerself, Carolina Rose, Leashy, DivaTai, LovelyLady, MyCanneloni, Buff-N0-Tuff, DeliGirl,

I could be here all day.

I wanted to post this in case anyone is getting disheartened. We're not just one or two or a dozen people who have no life. We're a whole lot of people who have wonderful lives and who feel the need to stop an injustice that one woman found so easy to commit from behind the safety of a computer.

Take heart! There is more to come!!!

And it ain't over until the fat lady sings...and I haven't sang a tune yet, so sit tight!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanessa, justice will come. Even though it's hard to be patient sometimes. I am glad to know you, and glad to stand with you, to see this thing through.
Blessings, Trista

Anonymous said...

My original comment went Poof. So here I go again. lol
When you look at the list of names who have been involved with this , it is almost shocking. It is such a group effort and without each person you mentioned, who knows where things would be today. I know I am in a different place then most of you. I did not leave Kimkins on my own, I was forced out. But since that day I have been trying to make things right with the issues and in my heart. Thank You all for doing what some of us were too scared or weak to do. You all stood up for what was right....Kimkins is so NOT right.Amy B

Jamie said...

Girl, I am humbled by your words.

You took all of that time to say kind things about others, and I know that there is a definite mutual admiration society going on.

Your dedication and hard work to pull together reps and information from various quarters (even when feeling drawn and quartered) is commendable. Your positive, brass ovarian attitude throughout the entire thing while maintaining humor? Well, that's Jeanessa.

Coming from you, the compliments are that much more meaningful. Thank you.

And the same to you. Plus.

An admirer among many,

Jamie

Deni said...

Beautiful eloquent post Jeanessa. Perfect timing and graciousness and humility in the midst of the chaos.

I'm honored to even be mentioned in your list.

Anonymous said...

404 Error is a coming.

How you holding up? you taking some ME time?

. said...

Jeanessa I am soo glad that you seeked out John, the agencies seems to be taking their own sweet time to do anything about this but yet here you are with the lawsuit.

Though I never did follow kimkins I feel very grateful that you did that and I so hope everything works out there, surely it has to!

Anonymous said...

Jeanessa,

We all LOVE you and admire your tenacity! Thanks so much for all the kind words. This is indeed a team effort, but you are the "lead duck"..

God Bless You..:)

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jeanessa, for taking those initial first steps toward making the Class Action Lawsuit a reality. Thank you for bringing John into this.

I am very honored to be a small part of the team that is working together to bring Kimkins down.

Together, we CAN do this!

Christin said...

Jeanessa girl, you know I love ya. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you over email/phone/forums. You are such a special person and I am honored and humbled to be included in your list here. I think the only two things to top that are #1 seeing justice served (which we both know IS coming soon), and #2 actually getting to meet you in person. YOU rock. Talk to you again soon...

Anonymous said...

It is near impossible to separate this old life on KK with trying to rebuild a new one. I too look forward to the day when I can bury it in the back yard. Your efforts in getting us there are appreciated by many. You have been a beacon of light helping guide the way. Thank You!

Medusa said...

Jeanessa, I can't thank you enough for your kind comments.

You continue to be a beacon of light in this seemingly endless task in bringing Heidi to justice.

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do, and for taking the time to give your fellow crusaders a shout-out.

Love ya, honey :^)

Kat said...

Nessa...what a sweet blog...how you remembered everyone and their small or large part in this is admirable. We love ya and John too!! You guys are the best and we need a great big party when this is all over...Hey, Vegas baby!! lol

Vickie said...

Jeanessa...I am humbled and honored to be included in your list. I don't know what to say, I honestly don't deserve to be included in a list of people who have done so much and worked so hard.

I love your blog. It has helped me in my efforts to accept myself regardless of what my weight happens to be doing!

God Bless You,
Vickie

Magicsmom said...

Jeanessa, you can come be a BANTA Babe any time you want to! What an honor to be listed on your blog! I admire you for your resolve and tenacity, and your never-say-die stick to it-iveness! Had it not been for your work in finding John, Heidi would still be sitting fat and happy and people would still be believing her. Thanks!

Mayberryfan said...

Awww, thanks Jeanessa! You are a sweetheart and beautiful inside and out. I love it that you're tenacious, smart, caring, tough and girly all at the same time. You're my hero! (Oh, and I'll bring back the Daughtry av for you soon. He is pretty easy on the eyes! - But tell Darnell not to blame me if you drool on the computer! :P )

Anonymous said...

Jeanessa,
Your words come at the perfect time, as usual. But, without you, John and the lawsuit, a lot of what has been uncovered may never have been. And for that, I am eternally grateful. Thank you for walking the walk and keeping us focused and on track. I am honored to be included on your list for the little part I've played. There is no doubt in my mind that Heidi WILL pay dearly, for the harm she has caused so many. Thanks again, Jeanessa - you're the best!

MJR

Paula aka Sissypoo said...

Jeanessa, I was shocked to see my name at the end of your post. I wish I could contribute much more than I have. I'm so in awe of all of you and the endless hours you all spend on bringing Heidi down. I'm honored to have helped post the unforgettable WonderWoman rant to the fascination thread.lol Sissypoo

Prudentia said...

Jeanessa - you ARE a rock, girlfriend. I love your spunk, and your drive, and your put-your-dukes-up attitude!

What an incredible group of people who have rallied around you and this much bigger cause. Heidi should read this list and quake in her photoshopped boots.

Thank you for taking the time to encourage us. You knew just what to say, and just when to say it.

Total class act.

Anonymous said...

{{{Jeanessa}}} You are so sweet! I only regret coming in with guns blazing, as you say, when I look at my kitchen sink. It's starting to look a bit like Mrs Menopausals! LOL I've never been upset with you. Thanks for hearing the heart of my messages ... maybe we should all meet up in California for the trial ... Heidi didn't care for a one duck encounter at CVS ... imagine a 50 or 100 duck encounter ... LOL!

MomToEli

JDF said...

So many nice words! I like the nice words!

I just have to say this, though, "Lead Duck"? Not me! I am way too self-involved!

I think the Lead Duck should be more like a volunteer-type thing, like Hall Monitor duty in grade school. It changes every week.

Plus - we all need to get together and see each other. Clear some time in your schedule after July! I think the lawsuit trial will be set for some time after that. We should all get together and party!

Anonymous said...

Jeanessa, I'm genuinely surprised and humbled to be included in your blog. I'm very proud to be a very small little cog in the big wheel that is turning to bring Heidi Diaz to justice. I've admired your effort right from the very start, and knew from experience when you began it would be no small thing to accomplish. I knew that you would have to be strong, principled, and unwavering in your quest, and you have done all that, and more, and with aplomb.

It's an honor to stand with you and all the others on this journey!

Thank you for all you've done and continue to do for all who desire justice be served.

My best to you, always!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are spot on! Your description of these ladies is so right. What a group! I'm just proud to be a lurker. :)

MrsMenopausal said...

Great post, Jeanessa. I'm very honored to be mentioned.
Your work through all of this is greatly appreciated. I know you have so much more going on in your life and doing all that you have done and continue to do can't be easy. Thank you for that and so much more.

theTRUTH said...

Thanks for all that you have done, Jeanessa and everyone.